Online dating may look different at times and for some of you, it may be the excuse for you to continue to hide behind the screen and scroll. Now is a great time to show up confidently and get yourself out there! In fact, dating apps are reporting a huge increase in active users.
Here are my top 5 tips to help you increase your confidence while dating online. Let’s dive in!
- Check your Mindset. What goes on between those two ears of yours? As you scroll through potential profiles, what are you telling yourself? “Oh, he’ll never like me.” Are you instead of thinking to yourself, “he seems interesting. I’ll send him a message and see what happens. I’m a great catch and I have nothing to lose.” You need to understand what goes on in your own head. If it is all negative, that is our first problem to address. You must start here and you will need to keep a positive mindset.
- Have Standards. It is important to determine the qualities that you’re looking for in a partner and by qualities, I don’t mean six feet tall, successful and drives a Ferrari. By qualities, I mean values. What values are important to you? Let’s think about things like honesty, kindness, compassion, etc. These are qualities you want to be looking for when you’re reading a man’s profile. I know it can be hard to not get distracted by the handsome man with the award-winning smile, but if he only boasts about his accomplishments and doesn’t talk about wanting a relationship, move on! You won’t regret this!
- Take Action. To show your confidence in online dating you want to take initiative. Are you getting out there or waiting for men to come to you? You might have to put the first foot forward. Do not wait around to be “chosen.” If you see a man you like, it is time to take the initiative and reach out. There is no sense in waiting around for this potential prince charming to message you first. You can communicate directly and get a conversation started.
- Be Open-Minded. You are not perfect and neither is your potential partner. Every date doesn't need to turn into your life partner. It is simply a date! Keep things in perspective and don’t create unrealistic fantasies. Be curious, ask your date(s) questions. Slowly, you’ll begin to see more about his passions, desires, beliefs, and other important characteristics. Over time you will discover if he’s going to be your lifelong partner - but you won’t know that from simply looking at a handsome profile picture online. There is no perfect man. Our flaws and weaknesses are what make us human but also what makes us unique. Embrace these things that make you different and accept the things that make you unique!
- Try Again. Remember that there will be some bumps in the road along the way. Try and not take things personally. Dating is a journey. You need to keep going. You might feel some heartache, but that too will pass and you will be ready to try again. Allow yourself to be sad. Then get right back on the horse. Learn to move on from the men that don’t serve you or make you feel desired. It is ok for it to not work out. But you have to be willing to accept it and then try again.
Don’t forget, confidence is sexy! Having confidence is attractive and most of the time, confidence alone can attract you to a potential partner. Especially for the online dating world, you want to find pictures that portray this confidence! Show those pictures where you are in your deepest passion - whether it be yoga, biking, reading a book, or snuggling your dog. Show a picture of you being yourself - and let your confidence shine through.
Men are naturally drawn to women who are open-minded, have standards and take action.
Ok, so now you have my top 5 tips to help you gain confidence in online dating. The biggest part of the battle is that it all starts with you and your mindset. I know your partner is out there waiting for you, but you have to show up in order for him to find you!
If you’re ready to take action NOW and learn how to boost your self-confidence so that you can attract more high-quality men, click the link below to book a FREE 30-minute Breakthrough Call today!